Setup PPTP on Linksys Router | OneVPN
- Before you configure "PPTP" protocol on your router you need to make sure that you are able to connect VPN on your PC via PPTP protocol.
- Moreover, the router you are about to configure PPTP protocol must have "Internet Access".
- The router in question is a separate router, not the one provided by your "Internet Service Provider(ISP)".
- Refer to the following diagram and make sure the configuration is identical.
- Now access the router's GUI by typing "192.168.1.1" in your web browser and press enter.
- The default username and password are "admin" and "admin" or "blank" and "admin" respectively depending upon the model of the router.
- From the main menu select "Internet Setup".
4. From the drop down menu select "PPTP
" instead of "Automatic Configuration-DHCP
5. Select "Obtain an IP Address Automatically
6. Afterwards enter the "server address
" in the form of "IP address
" in the "PPTP Server IP Address section
". Get the complete list of server from here.
You can convert the server address into IP address by clicking here
7. Enter the OneVPN username and password.
8. Select "Save Settings
" and you are done.