Setup PPTP Protocol on DDWRT Router | OneVPN
- Before you configure "PPTP" protocol on your router you need to make sure that you are able to connect VPN on your PC via PPTP protocol.
- Moreover, the router you are about to configure PPTP protocol must have "Internet Access".
- The router in question is a separate router, not the one provided by your "Internet Service Provider(ISP)".
- Refer to the following diagram and make sure the configuration is identical.
1. Now access the router’s GUI by typing “192.168.1.1
” in your web browser and press enter.
2. The username and password by default is "root
" and "admin
" by default.
3. Select "Setup
" then "Basic Setup
4. Click on the drop down menu next to "Connection Type
" and select "PPTP
5. Enter the following information:
a. OneVPN Server Address. Get the server list from here
b. OneVPN Username
c. OneVPN Password
6. Enter "refuse-eap" in the additional PPTP Options.
7. Keep the Network Address Server settings to "DHCP".
8. Select "Save" and "Apply Settings" afterwards and reboot router once.
9. Go to "Status" and then select "WAN" and click on connect. You are now connected. Enjoy complete internet freedom!