Setup OneVPN on Apple TV | OneVPN
Method 1: Through a Wireless Router
First, you need a router which has VPN support. Make sure that this router should be a separate one, not that which is provided by your Internet Service Provider (ISP), or which is basically for internet access.
Now you need to setup VPN in the router. For the guidelines to do that, go to our Support Page
, click on ‘Devices’ and select ‘Routers’ from the drop down menu
Now click on ‘OS’ and select your router from the list. (Currently these routers in the list are supported by OneVPN).
Click on Protocols and select ‘PPTP’ and click ‘Search’. It will open guideline to setup VPN in your selected router.
Follow the guidelines and once you have setup VPN in your router, connect your Apple TV with router’s Wi-Fi network and you are done.
Method 2: Through Network Sharing via Ethernet
Download and install OneVPN app in your desktop or laptop and connect to Wi-Fi.
Take an Ethernet/ LAN cable and connect its one end to Apple TV and other end to the computer.
Connect VPN in your computer.
Now follow the steps given below.
- Open ‘Control Panel’ and then click Network and Internet’
- Click ‘Network and sharing center’ and then ‘Change adapter settings’ there on the left side.
- Open your internet connection properties and click on ‘Sharing’.
- Now put a check mark on “Allow other Network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection”
Your Apple TV can connect to internet through your computer now which is already running VPN connection.
- Click ‘System Preferences’ and enable the ‘Sharing’ option.
- Click on ‘Internet Sharing” and select ‘Airport mode’ which is there under the option’ Share Your Connection from”.
- Now under the option ‘To computer using’, click ‘Ethernet’.
- Start your Apple TV now that can use your internet via Ethernet port connected between Apple TV and Mac.