Synology NAS PPTP
How To setup VPN on Synology NAS (PPTP)
The following tutorial was made using a Synology NAS station running DSM 5.0 OS. The following tutorial should be compatible with 4.x versions as well.
. Before you start
Before configuring the VPN on your DiskStation, please check the following:
- Your Internet connection is normal;
- The volume of your DiskStation is normal;
- The DiskStation Manager (DSM) of your DiskStation is the latest version.
Connect to a VPN Server via PPTP
. From your DSM dashboard click on Control Panel
. Now click on Network
. Click on Network Interface
and then on Create
Now, click on Create VPN profile
and click Next
. Enter the details
- Profile Name : OneVPN
- Server Address : Server Address can be found from here
- Username : Enter Username provided by OneVPN
- Password : Enter Password provided by OneVPN
- Click Next to continue
. Choose the following authentication mechanism from the Authentication drop-down menu to protect VPN client's password during authentication.
- MS CHAP v2 : The password will be encrypted using Microsoft CHAP version 2.
- Maximum MPPE (128 bit): VPN connection will be protected with 128-bit encrypting mechanism, which provides the highest level of security.
- Click Apply.
. Go to your previously created VPN profile
(found in Network Interface on your DSM). Select OneVPN
and then click on Connect
. You will notice the VPN adapter gets Connected